Saturday, January 17, 2009

Owls

One of my favourite hobbies has been put on hold since having a baby, owl watching. My fiance and I would go out late, around 2 am, for owl spotting. We would slowly drive around the area of Boundary Bay and listen to music, drink coffee or hot chocolate, and would not give up until we had seen at least one. On the electrical wires were the usual place we would spot owls; but, sometimes we would find them closer to eye level either on a fencepost or traffic sign, thrilling! Mostly we spotted barn owls but once we did see a great horned owl! Unfortunately, no photos as I do not have a proper camera for taking photos at night. One night we saw 10 owls, or more. It is hard to say if we kept seeing the same ones over and over. Regardless, there were a lot of owls out that night, wonderful!

Soon I plan on taking sweet baby out for an adventure to spot Snowy Owls. This will be a daytime adventure involving a lot of layers and a camera. I hope to get some nice pictures if we are lucky enough to find them!

No comments:

Post a Comment